Carol Gomez is a Tax Principal with more than 35 years of professional experience in public accounting and has wide experience in the areas of taxation, litigation consulting, and auditing. Carol advises and consults on tax planning and compliance matters for high net worth individuals and their closely held businesses. Carol’s experience extends to:
- Tax planning, consulting, and compliance services for federal and multi-state income tax returns for high net-worth individuals, trusts and estates, and private foundations
- Planning and reviewing federal gift tax returns and estate tax returns
- Representing clients in audits conducted by federal and state taxing authorities
- Reviewing wills and trust agreements
- Overseeing and reviewing fiduciary accountings — both in judicial format for surrogate’s court and non-judicial format for estates and trusts
- Resolving issues pertaining to the administration of trust and estates
- Collaborating with attorneys, executors, trustees, financial advisors, and other professionals on issues concerning tax matters and fiduciary accountings
- Advising on budgeting, projections, and cashflow concerns
Prior to joining Berdon tax team, she was part of the Berdon audit department, as well as a Principal in the Litigation group. Carol has consulted on Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) matters. She has advised in cases involving securities violations, fraudulent financial reporting, purchase price disputes, damage analysis, and accountant’s malpractice. She has assisted counsel and the Securities and Exchange Commission through all phases of trial.
An experienced auditor, Carol has worked with a wide range of enterprises. Among these sectors are real estate businesses, manufacturers, financial services companies, distributors, professional service firms, and retailers.
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Carol graduated from Adelphi University with a Bachelor of Business Administration degree. She is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York and holds the Certified in Financial Forensics (CFF) credential.