Stuart Rachlin, a Tax Principal, has been with the firm for more than 40 years. Stuart advises a diverse array of closely held businesses, real estate organizations, and high net worth individuals and their families on techniques to protect, preserve, and grow their wealth. He has wide experience in individual income taxation and in estate and fiduciary tax planning.
His areas of expertise include:
- Analyzing the tax impact of sales and purchases of real estate
- Resolving federal and state tax compliance issues
- Consulting on ways for businesses to minimize tax liability
- Developing strategies to preserve corporate and personal net worth
- Examining and updating estate plans, including reviewing wills and trust instruments to help ensure they meet individual and family goals
- Designing tax-effective gifting programs using family limited partnerships, charitable trusts, generation-skipping trusts, and other wealth-building techniques
- Analyzing the interplay between individual and fiduciary income taxation and fiduciary accounting to minimize income taxes
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Stuart earned his Bachelor of Science degree in accounting at Brooklyn College and his Master of Science degree in taxation from Pace University. He was licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State in 1980.