Sylwia Obszanski is a Tax Principal with more than 15 years of professional experience in public accounting. She consults and works closely with both residential and commercial real estate clients. Prior of joining Berdon tax team, she was part of the Berdon audit department.
Her experience extends to areas that include:
- Reviewing federal and multistate partnership, corporate, and individual returns
- Preparing tax projections and identify potential tax savings for high net worth individuals
- Researching and advising clients regarding miscellaneous tax questions/concerns
- Assisting in representing clients in complying with federal and state tax examinations
- Consulting with clients on various qualified opportunity zone tax questions, as well as assisting in qualified opportunity zone tax compliance.
- Identifying tax savings and deferral opportunities while helping clients complying with the latest tax regulations
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS AND ACTIVITIES
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
Sylwia is fluent in Polish
EDUCATION AND LICENSES
Sylwia holds a Bachelor of Business Administration degree in Accounting from The Bernard M. Baruch College and a Master of Science degree in Taxation from Pace University. She is licensed as a certified public accountant in New York State.