- Compliance: Berdon views tax compliance as one component of an overall strategy to maximize tax advantages and meet financial goals. By helping clients stay abreast of anticipated changes in regulations, we are able to ensure compliance as well as develop advantageous tax positions focused on their strategic goals.
- Estate | Gift | Trust Planning: By recognizing that changes occur in life and new circumstances need to be incorporated into the overall planning process, Berdon builds flexibility into estate, gift, and trust planning. Working in concert with Berdon’s Valuation Practice as well as the industry’s best attorneys, insurance specialists, and other advisors, Berdon ensures that planning is fully coordinated and focused on a client’s short and long-term needs and goals.
- Fiduciary Accounting: It is estimated that trillions of dollars of wealth will be transferred between generations over the next few decades. Much of that wealth will be placed in trusts to provide for surviving spouses, children, grandchildren, and charities. In preparing fiduciary accountings, Berdon’s tax professionals work closely with the trustee’s attorney—enabling clients to report accurate and timely results of their actions and financial decisions to all interested parties
- International: For businesses and individuals operating across borders, Berdon advises on inbound and outbound transactions–helping foreign businesses, establish operations in the U.S. as well as helping domestic clients expand globally. Our professionals also have extensive experience advising resident aliens, nonresident aliens, cross-border property owners, and U.S. expatriates on the complexities of U.S. tax laws, regulations, and rules. The Firm’s resources extend worldwide through membership in TIAG—a global alliance of more than 115 independent accounting firms in over 65 countries.
- IRS Audits | Challenges: Berdon’s extensive experience working with taxing authorities combined with its understanding of the subtleties, implications, and ramifications of tax regulations provides clients with high-level of assurance that they have the right team to help them resolve tax controversy matters, including tax audits, tax notices, collection actions and voluntary disclosures. Since 1917, Berdon has been successful in interpreting tax law and presenting sound and supportable claims to reduce or eliminate penalties raised by the IRS or other taxing authorities.
- State and Local Taxation: Fifty states plus a complex array of smaller taxing jurisdictions make it an imposing task to keep up with the constant flow of changes, amendments, deadlines, opportunities, and credits. Berdon maintains a dedicated state and local tax team that stays ahead of change in this demanding and rapidly evolving arena -helping clients anticipate issues, resolve problems, reap advantages, and enjoy the maximum protection.
- Mergers and Acquisitions Tax: Working on transactions from initial concept through conclusion, opportunities are examined from a myriad of angles. Berdon weighs the economics and business factors as well as the tax consequences to understand the risk and maximize the benefits associated with the transaction. Our tax professionals leverage their deep understanding of our clients’ businesses and economic needs to provide an innovative perspective on structuring transactions that result in tax efficiencies throughout the transaction process, including post-transaction integration.
Our industries include:
Planning With the Increased Exemption Amounts While They LastRead more
2022-23 Tax Planning Guide – Claim Opportunities That Fit Your CircumstancesRead more
Extended Due Date Reminder – 2022 New York Pass-Through Entity Tax Deadlines on September 15Read more
Inherited IRAs Less Generous Per New IRS GuidanceRead more
Excess Business Losses – Where We Stand TodayRead more
Berdon Names a Diverse Group of New PartnersRead more
NYS PTET Estimated Payment Application Available for 2021Read more
New York State Enacts Mandatory Retirement Plan for Private Sector EmployeesRead more
Update: Crypto Investors Face Expanded Reporting RequirementsRead more
2021-22 Tax Planning Guide - Staying Prepared and Flexible Through the UncertaintyRead more
Major Changes to Interest Expense Deductibility Coming Next YearRead more
Year-end Tax Loss Harvesting with CryptocurrenciesRead more
Deadline Approaching - October 15 Deadline to Opt Into the Pass-Through Entity Tax (PTET)Read more
Proposed Tax Reform Significantly Impacts Estate Planning—What You Should Do NowRead more
NFTs Draw Scrutiny from IRSRead more
‘Mind Your Business’ Radio Program Features Interviews With Executives from Investors Bank and BerdonRead more
How Advisors, Wealthy Clients Are Bracing For Huge Capital Gains Tax HikesRead more
New Enhancements to the PPP and EIDL Small Business Aid ProgramsRead more
See our Tax Blogs, click here
New York (February 14, 2023) – Citrin Cooperman recently announced 10 partner promotions of former Berdon LLP professionals following Citrin Cooperman’s acquisition of the nonattest business of New York accounting, […]
New York (February 1, 2023) – Citrin Cooperman Advisors LLC (“Citrin Cooperman”), one of the largest and fastest growing professional services firms in the United States, announced today that they […]
By Jonathan San Solo and Michael Mishik 1.31.23 | Practice Made Perfect As the world continues to move beyond the pandemic, we are beginning to see an increase in business […]