2018 Q3 – Key Tax Deadlines for Businesses
06.25.18 | TAX Chat
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the third quarter of 2018. Keep in mind that this list is not all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (See the exception below, under “August 10.”)
- File a 2017 calendar-year retirement plan report (Form 5500 or Form 5500-EZ) or request an extension.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for second quarter 2018 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If you are a calendar-year C corporation, pay the third installment of 2018 estimated income taxes.
- If you are a calendar-year S corporation or partnership that filed an automatic six-month extension:
- File a 2017 income tax return (Form 1120S, Form 1065 or Form 1065-B) and pay any tax, interest and penalties due.
- Make contributions for 2017 to certain employer-sponsored retirement plans.
If you have questions about meeting your deadlines, you can reach me at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact your Berdon advisor.
Hal Zemel, a Tax Partner at Berdon LLP, has nearly 25 years in public accounting and advises businesses in the real estate, manufacturing, distribution, retail, and advertising business sectors.