Reminder – 2nd Quarter Deadlines for Businesses
04.03.17 | TAX Chat
Here are some of the key tax-related deadlines affecting businesses and other employers during the second quarter of 2017. Keep in mind that this list isn’t all-inclusive, so there may be additional deadlines that apply to you. Contact us to ensure you’re meeting all applicable deadlines and to learn more about the filing requirements.
- If you are a calendar-year C corporation, file a 2016 income tax return (Form 1120) or file for an automatic six-month extension (Form 7004), and pay any tax due. If the return isn’t extended, this is also the last day to make 2016 contributions to pension and profit-sharing plans.
- If your are a calendar-year C corporation, pay the first installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for first quarter 2017 (Form 941), and pay any tax due. (See May 10 exception below.)
- Report income tax withholding and FICA taxes for first quarter 2017 (Form 941), if you deposited on time and in full all of the associated taxes due.
- If you are a calendar-year C corporation, pay the second installment of 2017 estimated income taxes.
If you have questions about meeting these deadlines, you can reach me at HZemel@BerdonLLP.com or contact your Berdon advisor.
Hal Zemel, a Tax Partner at Berdon LLP, New York Accountants, has nearly 25 years in public accounting and advises businesses in the manufacturing, distribution, advertising, and real estate sectors.